Danger! High Voltage

Unknown

Status: Preview, Findability: 3/5

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading...

A very promising looking puzzler game, which is sort of a mixture of Sokoban and Pipemania with electrical wiring. It is playable, with some cool title presentation – though the options and screen designer areas are disabled at present.

This very much has the feel of a commercial standard title – but we have no idea who it was intended for (if anyone at all). 1992 was still a time when the C64 was fully active, so what happened?

I didn’t think there were any clues in the code about who was behind the game, but contributor Compounded spotted that the credits appear when you leave the game for a while – the credits reveal themselves. Highlighting the stupidity of the web author of GTW clearly! … but anyway, thanks to Compounded, the credits have been established – so its hoped more can be found out soon.

Did a more complete version ever exist?

Contributions: Compounded

Supporting content

Available downloads for this entry

3 Responses to Danger! High Voltage

  1. The text on the title page switches after a while to reveal that the game’s code and graphics were done by Atilla Tajti. A Hungarian programmer, I presume. He seemed to continue in video gaming for some time, with a couple of games credited to him on Moby Games. He is also on GitHub as tajtiattila and appears to be active still.

  2. Critical to gameplay is the fact that you can PULL blocks (hit fire and backwards), as well as push them. The red squares are teleports (hit fire on them), which unfortunately only teleport humans.

    This is a 2 player game, and both players are vital in shifting the blocks around. This makes the separate scores for player 1 & 2 confusing in what seems to be a game that’s cooperative in nature. Then again, maybe they’re energy or health meters in an element of the game that’s yet to be implemented. This makes the timer at the top right hand side of the screen intriguing given the thought that it may be measuring something completely different- look at the electric nodule icon underneath it.

    Having linked a grey terminal with another grey, and then a grey with a yellow, nothing happened. I’m not nearly clever enough to link all four terminals in a way that’s different to their arrangement at the start. I put the challenge out there to the community to find out what kind of rearrangement is necessary to pass the level.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*