I’ve cheated a little with this entry to save time, but I had an email from Francesco Milioni today, who helps with the site Edicola 8 bit and looks to find out the original titles for pirated games in Italy.
He highlighted a number of titles which he could not find the original game for. Some are SEUCK efforts and are probably just the same named game. But there are some original titles which could well have been intended as something else.
Do you know anything more about them?
The games are:
- Raid Mortale … FOUND. Was released as Powerstation at https://csdb.dk/release/?id=168114
- Ala Radente … FOUND. In CSDB as Soviet Bombarder
- Star Wars … FOUND. Was released as Starfighter I at http://www.gb64.com/game.php?id=7368
- Saturn Wars … FOUND. Was released as http://www.gamebase64.com/game.php?id=6364
- Melt … Seems to be a hacked version of Di-Art (remnants of a crack in the background of the code … http://www.gb64.com/game.php?id=13859
- Rudy … Alberto Frabetti confirmed that the game is his own work. It was originally called “Rudy Hummer”, and the hunt is on to find the original version.
- Autopolo … FOUND. Was released as http://www.gb64.com/game.php?id=3668&d=18&h=0 (heavily hacked into Autopolo)
- Labirinto … FOUND. Was released as http://gb64.com/game.php?id=23663
- Tank Attack … SOLVED An original development
- IQ Flipper
All downloads can be found here. Let me know if you can determine the original source game! :)
Contributions: Francesco Milioni, James Pitcher, Gaetano Chiummo, Andrea Pachetti
- 16/01/21 – Another title found – Ala Radente
- 18/12/18 – More mysteries solved, plus some new titles added.
- 28/12/17 – Another game added – Star Wars
- 27/12/17 – Some mysteries solved.